To ensure accuracy, Sciantec has a robust internal quality system. At the heart of this system is accreditation by UKAS to the internationally recognised standard for competence – ISO/IEC 17025. UKAS accreditation is specific to particular sample types and methods.
Sciantec also participates in a range of performance testing schemes including FEPAS (Feed Examination Performance Assessment Scheme) and WEPAL (Wageningen Evaluating Programmes for Analytical Laboratories).
Sciantec is also approved by the Agricultural Industries Confederation under the Trade Assurance Scheme for Combinable Crops (TASCC)
Sciantec has systems and protocols in place to assure the quality of all its analytical data. Quality assurance follows the sample from receipt, throughout its analysis, to the point at which results data are reported. It also covers the laboratory's analytical and data management systems.
ISO 17025 is the British, European and International Standard for quality assurance in analytical laboratories. In the UK, laboratories claiming compliance with this standard are inspected and accredited by UKAS.
Accreditation also means that the laboratory's management systems meet the principles of ISO 9001. Many laboratories achieve ISO 9001 but this certification should not be confused with full UKAS accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025.
The full standard covers quality control procedures and method specific procedures. Although laboratories achieving the standard are regarded as UKAS accredited, accreditation can only be claimed for individual methods that have been inspected and approved by UKAS. A list of accredited methods is given on Sciantec's UKAS schedule.
Sciantec participates in the Proficiency Testing schemes of:
• AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials)
• AFPS (Animal Feeds Proficiency Scheme)
• BIPEA Forage
• FAPAS (Food Analysis Performance Assessment Scheme)
• FEPAS (Feed Examination Performance Assessment Scheme)
• Forage Analysis Assurance Ring Tests administered by the FAA
• MAPS (Malt Analytes Proficiency Scheme)
• NABIM - Mill Intake Laboratory Proficiency Scheme (National Association of British and Irish Millers)
• Romer Labs Mycotoxins Check Sample Survey (Sciantec now has UKAS accreditation for mycotoxins)
• UK Grain Testing Network
• VLA VETQAS - Proficiency testing for Veterinary Laboratories
• WEPAL (Wageningen Evaluating Programmes for Analytical Laboratories)
• IPE (International Plant- Analytical Exchange)
• WGN - World Grain Network Ring Check Scheme
KEY SCIANTEC ANALYSIS & TESTS
Listed below are some of the most widely used tests provided by the laboratory. In addition to these, Sciantec has an extensive portfolio of other tests and, where appropriate, can develop specific tests and analytical suites for your business.