NRM have an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to progress their career into the role of Soil Section Head. This role will lead the overall running of the Soil Department to ensure the correct analysis of samples and to oversee the provision of accurate, precise and quality data.
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, this role will be responsible for the timely completion of all processes, ensuring they are carried out to the required standards and working efficiently and effectively to minimise waste and time used.
This work will be of a complex nature and subject to strict accreditation therefore needs to be carried out competently adhering to the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and other required accreditations.
• Leading the team and supporting the Laboratory Manager and General Manager to develop and implement a people strategy that increases staff engagement.
• Managing the recruitment and engagement of the team and development of the individuals.
• Planning and managing the workload of staff to maintain the smooth running of the department so all samples are analysed in a timely and precise manner.
• Managing and ensuring maintenance of all the operations, procedures, policies and equipment within the Section to the highest standards and conforming to all UKAS requirements.
• Providing analytical support to the department solving technical problems that could be instrumental or methodology related.
• Improving the operations efficiency, making good use of IT to achieve high efficiency.
• Supporting the senior team to ensure that the relations with the clients are good and efficient.
• Supporting meetings with key clients, at all levels and developing an in-depth knowledge of customer requirements through regular meetings.
• Ensuring all relevant legal and Health & Safety requirements are being adhered to in the labs under direct or indirect responsibility and that all employees act according to Cawood values.
• Proven track record of leading a team.
• Possess the enthusiasm, energy to move the team forward and develop team members.
• Must be able to work effectively and collaborate within cross functional teams.
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail.
• Possess an understanding of ISO, UKAS, audit procedures and methods.
• Demonstrate a track record of excellent customer focus.
• Experience in science or related discipline.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package