Our Marchwood Division, based in Millbrook, Southampton is looking for a GC MS/QQQ Scientist/Analyst to lead all testing on the GC/MS QQQ instrument. This fantastic opportunity is based in Southampton.
If you have previous experience of delivering or leading testing on the GC/MS QQQ instrument, send us your CV.
Key responsibilities include:
• Accountability for leading all testing on the GC/MS QQQ instrument and completing tests in a timely and safe manner.
• Delivering work in line with relevant accreditations including ISO/IEC 17025.
• Analysing samples and ensuring work is carried out to reporting deadlines, including:
o Calculation of results
o Data checking and interpreting results for routine testing
o Managing the interpretation of complex data and implementing corrective action for any actual, or anticipated deviations from key objectives or timelines.
o Leading method development, modification, verification and validation of methods regarding the GC/MS QQQ instrument.
• Operating, calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting analytical equipment including:
o Responsibility for starting instrumentation and ensuring that the instrument is running effectively for the full cycle of testing.
o Changing column and maintenance of the injector and mass spectrometer.
o Providing analytical support in the solving of technical problems that may be instrumental, or methodology related.
Requirements for the role:
• Previous experience of working in the routine analysis laboratory.
• Experience in operating and trouble-shooting GC/MS QQQ.
• Understanding of GC/MS techniques.
• Relevant educational background in Science.
• Understanding of ISO, UKAS and/or MCERTs audit procedures and methods.
• Excellent organisational skills, including organising own workload.
• Good Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Relocation will be considered.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package