We are looking for a Development Analyst to join our Technical Support Team based at our NRM Division in Bracknell.
This role will ensure all analytical methods are technically sound and develop new services at the NRM site. The role is primarily based in the laboratory with some computer based work and internal meetings required.
• Supporting the business through the development, validation and improvement of analytical methods and investigative trials. The work is non-routine, varying with the project and needs of the business.
• Adapting to any analytical or preparative work across the laboratory as required.
• Developing new analytical methods or preparing procedures for new services.
• Training and supporting routine analysts with technical or instrument issues.
• Undertaking method validation including collating data and performing statistical calculations.
• Carrying out trial work and investigations including writing up of findings.
• Experience of working in an analytical laboratory and some knowledge of the principles of key instrumental techniques (ICP-OES, ICP-MS, GC-MS, HPLC, colorimetry, combustion).
• High level of competence in the laboratory with ability to quickly learn new techniques.
• Understanding of analytical chemistry and Quality Control measures.
• A team player who can use their initiative and seek to improve procedures at every opportunity.
• Strong problem solving and experimental design skills.
• Ability to demonstrate confidence working independently and managing own tasks.
• Good maths and writing skills with ability to use Word and Excel programs
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package