NRM have an exciting opportunity for an Agronomy Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Agronomist to lead on all technical support for our clients and growers. This role will build relationships with industry partners and research institutions to promote the value of analysis and its interpretation in agriculture.
Our business has a long heritage in the agribusiness and rural sector and have developed a reputation of delivering outstanding service for farmers, advisory firms, precision farming companies, fertiliser suppliers and food businesses. The Agronomy Manager will be accountable for sustaining our reputation in this area.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, this senior role will be working as part of our Business Development team.
• Identifying and contacting potential customers, understanding their needs and presenting a technical analytical solution.
• Presenting to groups of advisors, agronomists or farmers in person and using video/webinar technology.
• Attending industry meetings and developing projects with industry stakeholders and technical groups.
• Assessing market direction of travel and assessing future analytical requirements.
• Identifying new sectors or businesses that may need our services, e.g. start-ups.
• Supporting customers in the interpretation of their analytical results, ideally through the creation of videos, reference sheets etc.
• Creating technical content including expert blog articles, training material, social media posts and press releases.
• Promoting the use of our digital tools and their role in supporting analytical interpretation.
• Participating in all Business Development team activity and supporting the commercial performance of the business.
• You will have relevant industry qualifications, ideally FACTS and/or BASIS qualifications.
• A technical background of arable and grass production.
• Previous experience of building excellent relationships within a similar role.
• A clear ability to manage the complete technical requirements of the business.
• You will share our passion for providing excellent customers service and quality data to our customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You will have an excellent ability to explain complex concepts concisely.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package