As concerns related to the spread of Coronavirus / COVID-19 and the potential impact on the continuity of service should infection levels increase significantly within the coming weeks and months, we have taken the decision to update our clients on the steps that Enitial Ltd is taking in order to protect our staff from the risk of the infection and to maintain continuity of service as we are inevitably impacted by the spread of the disease.
Please note that our over-riding priority is to protect the health of all our employees. We continue to monitor the latest Government advice and update our own guidelines accordingly. To this end, we are engaging with our teams on a proactive and pragmatic basis, including the following:-
- Isolation – In line with our parent company, Cawood Scientific, the business issues regular updates to all staff on the latest Government guidelines for self-monitoring and isolating in the event of any CV-19 symptoms. We are maintaining central records of all affected staff and the relevant timescales.
- Travel – Business critical travel only and aim for minimal face-to-face contact. On occasion where there is no option other than to meet clients / colleagues in person, then staff are instructed to follow social-distancing procedures.
- Work from Home – where possible. Most of our office staff are now working from home, utilising conference and video call facilities to maintain business continuity.
- Communication – Staff have also been advised to inform their line manager if there is any risk of contamination due to their travel or personal contacts through what is an evolving situation. The business will then advise accordingly based on official Government guidelines.
- Support – In recognition that we are working in uncertain times, we are engaging with all team members to ensure that they are able to fulfil childcare and family health obligations whilst remaining in employment by offering flexible working patterns where possible.
Continuity of service
As the spread of C-19 impacts on the availability of resources, our ability to deliver some services could be re-scheduled at short notice. We continue to work proactively with all clients to ensure that any mandatory work is prioritised. Furthermore, we are fortunate to work with a willing and flexible team who are responding in a positive manner when we ask them to change their schedules. We thank all our clients for taking a similar approach, and we continue to ask that you endeavour to remain regular and constructive dialogue with your usual Enitial contacts.